Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 23, 2014

Dear family,

It's been another great week here in Arizona! The weather is pretty warm... I don't know if that's the right word to use, but we're getting use to sweating all the time.  I think the two seasons for Arizona are the season of wanting to stand in the sun and the season of wanting to stand in the shade.  It's the standing in the shade season.  When you stop on your bike you always look for the nearest shade.  I'm starting to like the heat.  I just realized it hasn't rained here since probably the beginning of March.  It's always blue skies here!  

Thank you for sending the pictures!  It was fun to see how big all the kids are getting.  To answer your question of who some of the cool people are; I know of people who served as mission presidents and area seventy and other church callings, a general in the military,  one of the first people to break the sound barrier in a jet, a pro baseball player who use to play for the Braves, and a couple other people that I can't think of right now.  I'm just grateful for all the different members that we get to work with.  Most of them are not super successful people, but many of them are just great examples and great leaders.  You learn a lot from the leaders in the ward and stake you serve in.

We didn't have a ton of lessons with investigators, but it seemed we had more lessons with less active members and lessons with members in the ward.  In one of our wards we had three part member families at church.  One was the family we have been working with for the past couple weeks, and the other two we hope to start working with soon.  Working with Bro Snuka has been great!  He has a lot of ideas to get everyone excited about missionary work.  Right now he is wanting all the members to go and meet someone new in their neighborhood.  One of the part member families that came to church was his next door neighbor and I believe he invited them to come. 

It's exciting to hear all that you're doing for family history.  I wish I could do family history, but that is something that will have to wait right now.

Well I'm running out of time.  Thanks for all of your prayers.  I love you all so much!  I'm just loving my mission more and more every day!  Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Joshua Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment