Friday, July 4, 2014

July 1, 2014

Dear family,

It's been an exciting and busy week!  Now I have been on my mission for over a year.  To answer your question, there are not really any traditions and we didn't do anything exciting, but on that day a member dropped off a big bag of bread from a bakery close by.  That was a nice one year mark present.  I'm amazed that it has been a year already.  Time does go by fast! 

It has been another usual week.  We had a lesson with the part member family that we have been working with.  We also started teaching someone new this week.  A member in the ward invited a friend from work over for dinner and to have a lesson by the missionaries.  Sadly she doesn't live in our area so we will probably teach her one or two more times and then have her taught by the missionaries in her area.  I also got to go on exchanges this week with our zone leaders.  It's always fun to go on exchanges and learn from other missionaries.

Tomorrow (July 1) is the one year anniversary for the Gilbert mission.  Today we had a mission breakfast and activity.  We played some games and launched some water balloons.  I'm grateful that the mission is so small because it's easy to get the mission together for transfers and these kind of things.  Tomorrow we are going to the Gilbert Temple as a mission and having a devotional afterwards.  Then we are going to split up into zones and have our zone meeting like we would usually have on the first Tuesday of every month.  I'm really excited!  We are also going to read the Book of Mormon together as a mission.  We are going to read the Book of Mormon in 60 days and they wanted us to invite our families to read it with us!  While we read I believe we are going to highlight the Doctrine of Christ.  We are going to start tomorrow and they gave us a schedule that I could probably send to you if you would like. 

It's getting warmer, but I love Arizona!  I'm so grateful to be a missionary and always talk about and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love you all so much!  Thank you for all of your prayers. 

Love,

Elder Joshua Gandy


No comments:

Post a Comment