Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014

Dear family,

It has been an exciting week!  On Wednesday we had transfer meeting and my new companion is Elder Jewkes from South Jordan and he has been out for around 10 months.  He came in a transfer after me.  I'm excited to work with him.  Three of my four companions so far have been from Utah.  There are a lot of people from Utah here.  I also forgot to tell you, but I'm also a district leader now.  The district is just the Val Vista stake so there are 8 missionaries in the district, three companionships of elders and one companionship of sisters.  They are all great missionaries and I'm really excited to work with all of them.

This past Friday the stake had a fireside and Danny White and his wife were the guest speakers.  If you don't know who Danny White is he was a quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys back in the day.  He lives here in the stake and they asked him to speak.    This week we invited all of our investigators, recent converts, and some less actives.  We also tried to get members to invite their friends and neighbors.  It was a great fireside and there were a couple investigators and less active members there.  

We are continuing to work with this part member family that I've mentioned a couple times.  We went over a couple times this week.  They were going through some challenges, but they seem to be doing a lot better.  We were able to teach them part of the plan of salvation.  We also visited a less active member this week.  We invited him to the fireside and to church.  We had a great visit about why we go to church.  At the end of the visit he asked us if he had home teachers.  We told him we were not sure, but that we would find out for him.  We could tell that he really wanted home teachers.  It just reminded me about how important home and visiting teaching is and how we really need to be there to help those in need.

I am just loving my mission more and more each day.  It's not always easy, but it is definitely worth it! 

I love you all and thank you so much for all of your prayers!

Love,

Elder Joshua Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment