Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

Dear family,
 
Yesterday was transfer calls.  I'm being transfered and Elder Gardner is staying in the area.  I'll find out on Wednesday where I'll be transfered, so next week I'll tell you all about my new area.  I've been in this area for a while so I was kind of expecting to be transfered.  This has been a fantastic area and I will have a lot of great memories of the wards here.  I have stories about this area that I will probably tell for the rest of my life.  I've met so many different people and have learned so much!  I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve here!  I'm also really excited to find out who my next companion will be and where my area will be.  Since my mission is so small I might not be moving too far.  Instead of some missions where you wonder what part of the country you're going to, I'm wondering what part of Gilbert I'm going to.  It's still really exciting though!
 
We had a really great week doing missionary work!  Our investigator who was just baptized on Jan 11th, recieved a calling in church.  She is on the relief society compassionate services committee... or something like that.  I'm not actually sure what she will be doing but she will be working with one of her fellowships.  It was neat to see her stand up in sacrament meeting and recieve a calling.  The other person we've been working with is also doing really well!  He will be baptized in March so I don't know if I'll be able to come back to see that.  He is just doing great and really wants this in his life.
 
We started teaching a former investigator this week.  We saw him outside so we invited him to the temple open house.  He had some questions so we showed him the video about the temple and bore testimony of the temple.  After that we set up a return appointment with him.  We also recieved an unusual amount of referrals this week from members.  For one referral we didn't get very clear instructions on what apartment, so we accidentally knocked on the wrong door.  It was obviously the wrong person when they answered the door, but we invited them to the temple and they said they would be interested.  We set up a time to meet and came back a couple days later and had a great meeting with them.  They said they would be interested in taking the lessons, but were too busy right now.  This is almost exactly the same story as Regina's.  It took about a month after we met her before we started teaching her.  So I told Elder Gardner that he has to start teaching her just like Regina.  I know it was no accident that we knocked on that door.  We pray every day to be led to those that are ready to accept the gospel so when something like that happens I know we were meant to be there at that time.
 
I'm excited for the adventures that are ahead of me in my new area!  I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary!
 
Thanks for all your prayers! I love you all so much! Hope you all have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Gandy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment