Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

Dear family,
 
I am now in my new area!  I was moved the long distance of about 2 1/2 miles.  I am now in the Val Vista stake and my new companion is Elder Merrell from Mapleton Utah.  My area is only two wards: the Emerald Bay ward and the Crystal Shores ward.     The area is kind of large because it just happens to take in a lot of shopping centers and 3 apartment complexes.  I'm excited to serve in this area and with Elder Merrell!
 
This week I have been trying to learn the area and about the investigators and potentials that we already have.  After being in my last area for almost 6 months, I forgot how hard it can be to come into a new area and know nothing about what is happening.  Elder Merrell was in the area for several months so it hasn't been that hard to figure out what is happening.  I've met quite a few of the investigators we have and I'm excited to teach all of them.  This area has a lot of potential so I'm excited to work with the wards here.
 
One day we were riding through one of the apartments and we saw someone moving in.  We offered to help and so we helped them move a mattress into their new apartment.  They were really grateful and said if we ever needed anything to knock on their door.  We invited them to the temple open house and they seemed really excited about it.  We told them that we had a few extra tickets and that they could join us if they wanted to.  They were really excited and asked if they could bring a neighbor who said they also wanted to go.  We are going to go on Wednesday with them.  I haven't been to the open house yet and I'm really excited to go with some non members!
 
This is the last week of the open house.  I'm really sad that it's almost over.  I wish it could last for a couple more months.  I've heard a lot of cool stories about members taking their friends to the open house and how it has softened people's hearts.
 
Sorry I don't have as much time today to tell you all about my new area.  Thank you for all your prayers!  I love you all so much!
 
Love,
Elder Joshua Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment