Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

Dear family,
 
Well it's been another great week like always!  It's always a great week when you're a missionary.   

So I found out earlier this week that we actually can go to the temple open house if we go with an investigator.  Right now we only have one investigator so we might be able to go with him next Tuesday.  I'm excited that our investigator and his girlfriend get to go to the temple.  They are planning on getting married and they really want to be sealed in the temple.  I hope that I get to go with them to see the inside.  I'm super excited to see it!  Well almost everything we do and talk about is the temple.  We have not received any referrals from the temple yet, but hopefully soon. 
 
Right now we have a lot of potential investigators.  It almost seems like potential investigators have just been falling from the sky!  We probably have close to ten potential investigators.  Some of them are so close, but we are having a hard time contacting and setting up appointments with all of them.  We hope to start teaching most of them this week.
 
This is the last week of the transfer so next week I'll tell you if I'm leaving or staying.  I've been in the stake for almost seven months and this area for almost six months, so I feel like I might be leaving.  Elder Gardner and I have been together for almost four months so I'm guessing at least one of us will be leaving.  I really want to stay in this area because I know everyone and we have so many potentials, but at the same time it might be nice to see another area.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  Either way I'll be happy!
 
So kind of a random thing that has happened this week.  I had spaghetti for the first time at a members house.  Everyone thinks we get spaghetti so they never make it for us when we come over for dinner.
 
I'm so grateful for this chance to be a missionary at this time and this place.  This week I was just thinking about all the people that I've met and have taught.  I've learned so much and I am so grateful that I've been able to serve these people.  I'm grateful for the Gospel in our lives!
 
Thanks for all of your prayers! I love you all so much!
 
Love,
 
Elder Joshua Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment