Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Dear family,
 
It has been another really exciting week!  I got to go to the temple open house twice.  The Gilbert temple is so beautiful!  We got to go with the two people we helped move last week.  We didn't have tickets so we waited in the non ticket line for about two hours, but it gave us a lot of time to answer their questions.  It was a really neat experience to take them through.  It was fun to see their faces as they saw the different rooms.  You could tell they could feel the spirit.  We should start to teach them here pretty soon.  

We also went with some members and their non member friends.  That time we had tickets so we got through the line a lot faster.  It is amazing how many people have gone through the open house.  I'm really sad that the open house is now over.  Ever since Christmas all we have been doing is inviting people to the open house.  We hope to see a lot of things come from the open house still.  Hopefully we get to start inviting people to the Easter pagaent soon.
 
This week we have been doing some service for a couple that we're teaching.  They wanted to plant around 19 trees and they needed help digging the holes.  We went over probably 3 or 4 times this week.  After we helped them for about an hour we would teach them. 
 
I think I'm getting use to my new area.  It's not very big so it doesn't take too long to figure out where everything is.  This next week we have zone conference which I'm always excited for.  Sorry I'm trying to remember everything we've done this week.  It seems like I forget everything when I sit down to write. 
 
Thanks so much for all your prayers.  I love you all so much!
 
Love,
 
Elder Joshua Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment