Thursday, April 3, 2014

March 31, 2014

Dear family,
 
It has been a wonderful week!  We had the baptism I wrote about last week last Wednesday with the confirmation yesterday!  It's amazing how we find people at exactly the right time.  This was the perfect time for her to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The baptism went really well and I was able to sing the musical number ( I sang I am a Child of God) and Pres. Nattress was able to be there.  

We were also able to go to a baptism on Saturday for someone I taught in my last area.  It was fun to see him and other members in the ward.  Since my last area is only a couple miles away it made it easy to go.  There were about 8 or 9 family members there that were not members.  It's amazing to see the change in both of them as they have accepted the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
I'm really excited for General conference!  I'll just be watching it from the stake center with the other missionaries in the stake.  Last general conference only a couple other people came to the church to watch it.  Hopefully we will have some investigators come to join us for a couple sessions.  

We will start going to the Gilbert temple in a couple transfers.  The Gilbert temple doesn't rent clothes so right now they don't have enough clothes for the missionaries.  They are working on a way that we can start going there soon.  We are not quite sure about the  iPads.  We are suppose to start using facebook before we get the iPads and that hasn't happened yet.  They are suppose to come really soon.  I think we are one of the next missions to get them.
 
Thanks for all your prayers!  I love you all so much!
 
Love,
Elder Joshua Gandy
 
P.S. Mom, the chandelier in the Celestial room in the Gilbert temple was the most common thing people talked about after going to the open house.

No comments:

Post a Comment