Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 7, 2014

Note from Gayleen:  If any of you would like to write about your conversion (even those of you who were "born in the church") Joshua would appreciate receiving them.  Please send them through regular mail so that he can have a hard copy.

Dear family,
 
Conference weekend is the best!  I love to hear the words of the Prophet and Apostles!  I'm so excited for the Ensign so we can read and reread the talks and to continue to learn from them.  I wish I could tell you all the things that I've learned, but unfortunately I don't have that great of a memory and I don't have my notes on me.  One thing I do remember is how important it is to love and serve everyone around us.  We should always try to be more Christlike because like Elder Holland said "Christ-like love can change the world."  It was also fun to have Gilbert mentioned a couple times in conference!
 
This week we taught Bro. P. again.  He is doing great!  He is excited to learn and find out for himself if the Book of Mormon is true.   We also taught a couple we're working  a couple times this week.  We always do some service in their yard and then we teach them.  The wife is starting to progress little by little.  I believe she has started reading the Book of Mormon before, but I don't think she has really gotten into it.  When we went over this week she actually had questions and was excited to find out more.  We have several other people that we're working with also.  We also found another potential investigator this week and it was another example of how when we follow the spirit we can be in the right place at the right time.  
 
We're having another expanded zone conference in a couple weeks.  We had one back in October and we invited all the ward councils.  This time we are inviting everyone, but especially the youth.  When Elder Anderson came in September he said we would find great success through the youth in our wards.
 
I'm learning so much every day. I'm so grateful for this chance to be a missionary especially at this exciting time.  Thank you so much for all of your prayers.  I love you all so much!
 
Love,
Elder Joshua Gandy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment