Thursday, April 3, 2014

March 24, 2014

Dear family,
 
It has been another great week here in Gilbert!  One of our investigators is all ready to be baptized this next week!  She is being baptized on Wednesday night which is also her birthday.  She is really excited to be baptized.  Whenever we meet with her she always tells us about how grateful she is to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in her life.  She has actually told us several times how she wants to go on a mission.  We told her about how she can be a missionary now and invite her friends and family to hear the missionaries, and about how she doesn't have to wait to go to some far away place.  

We also taught another investigator again this week.  We taught the restoration and it was a very spiritual lesson.  When we taught about the Book of Mormon, the member who came with us and his wife, who has been less active, bore powerful testimonies of the Book of Mormon.  By the end of the lesson he told us about how excited he is to start reading.  He was also telling us about how he wants to have the priesthood so that he can bless his family.  I'm just so grateful for our investigators.  My testimony grows every time we meet with them.
 
We taught the mother and daughter again this week.  I think I have told you about them, but if I haven't the mother is 94.  They came to church and I think the daughter might start singing with the ward choir.  They have been meeting with missionaries for a while now, but I think they are getting closer.
 
At the beginning of my mission not a lot of people would tract.  We decided to go tracting this week because we heard other missionaries were find success doing it.  We actually found a potential investigator while we were doing it.  I have a feeling we are going to go tracting some more.  I'm actually excited to start doing it some more.
 
Thanks for all your prayers. I love you all so much!  Hope you have a great week.
 
Love,
Elder Joshua Gandy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment