Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 13, 2014

Dear family,

Well last week was the last week of the transfer and we got transfer calls last night!  I'm staying again!  This will be my seventh transfer here and it will be about ten months in this area.  Usually when you train you stay together for two transfers so I'm not too surprised that I'm staying.  It is a great area and I have a great district so I'm glad that I get to stay!  This means I will also be here for the fall festivals the wards are having and thanksgiving next month.

So this week we saw Meet the Mormons!  It was great!  I really enjoyed it and the different stories that were told in it.  We gathered together as a couple of zones and watched it in a stake center.  As missionaries we are not allowed to go to the theater to see it of course.  We are actually not even allowed to be around the theaters that have it playing.  So I'm glad that we were able to see it.  We started talking to someone on the street this week after the movie came out and the member that lived across the street came over and joined the conversation.  The member brought up that he saw the movie and the non member mentioned that he saw a trailer and that he wanted to go and see it.  I heard of a couple other members who invited their friends to go see it and their friends wanted to go. It is so cool that people are wanting to see it.  It is a great movie to invite people to go and see.  As missionaries we can only invite investigators and less actives.  While it is in theaters we can talk about it on the street only if they ask us about it.  So we are hoping the members invite their friends and talk to people about it!

We started teaching another person this week!  He is the brother to one of the members in the ward.  He has a couple siblings that are members and he is wanting to learn.  I'm excited to teach him, but he is moving in a month so hopefully he will want to continue to meet with missionaries when he moves.  In the apartments that we live in there are a lot of people from all over the world that come to a flight school here.  It's kind of cool to be able to share the gospel with people from all over the place.  This week I was able to give a couple pamphlets out in Chinese.  That was pretty cool!

The Phoenix temple open house just started this week so that is another exciting thing happening.  We can go if we go with an investigator, so I'm not quite sure if we will be able to go.  We will be able to see the dedication in November so that is exciting! 

We were able to teach the restoration several times this week to multiple people and it is our unique message to the world and it is amazing!  It's great to know that we have prophets on the earth today and that this is the church of Jesus Christ.  It is a great blessing to have the fullness of the Gospel.  I'm so grateful to be a missionary.  I continue to learn so much each day. 

Thank you for all of your prayers.  I love you all so much!  Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Joshua Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment