Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 1, 2014

Dear family,

I haven't heard about transfers yet so I'm hoping I hear about it before I'm done emailing.  It has been another great week with a lot of exciting things going on.  We met with a couple of part member families this week.  One of them accepted the commitment to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  They said we could follow up with them this week.  The other family just moved in and they have been meeting with missionaries on and off for the past sixteen years.  That is a long time, but hopeful we can help them accept the gospel.  They were telling us all about all the different missionaries they have had.  It was interesting.  We got a referral from that ice cream party I told you about last week.  A member in the ward is dating a non member and inviting him to the party.  He came to church last week and this week.  We found out that he wants to learn more so we are going to meet with him on Tuesday!  

This week we were able to talk to more people on the street than usual.  I don't know if just more people were outside or what, but it was really great!  We saw some great miracles this week!  We found a couple of potentials and were able to teach one person about the restoration on the street.  It is always great when you have a lot of people to talk to and invite them to come unto Christ.  

I ended up singing in sacrament meeting yesterday in one of our wards.  When I sang at Jamie's baptism a couple of people in the ward decided to tell the music chair or whoever assigns musical numbers, so I was asked a couple weeks ago.  I ended up singing Lord, I Would Follow Thee.  They found me an arrangement that was really nice.  We also had our first mission choir concert.  It went pretty well for the first one and it ran quite smoothly.  We had a full chapel of people there so it was a good turn out.  Hopefully we have more people there next week!  This week I was also asked to do a solo or put together a group number for transfer meeting.  I decided to do a group number instead of doing a solo.  I had hard time deciding what song the group should sing, but I think I learned a little bit about revelation this week from that experience.  We really have to be willing to do whatever Heavenly Father needs us to do.

We taught R about the priesthood and we had a great lesson.  He wants to bless the sacrament in one of the coming weeks.  His experience with the priesthood was a big part of his conversion starting with the priesthood blessing he and his family got around the time that their baby was born prematurely.  He had already learned a lot about the priesthood, but it was neat to talk about the duties we have as priesthood holders.

This week I also went on exchanges with one of the elders in my district and with the zone leaders.  It has been a busy and exciting week!  It is amazing all the blessings we receive from the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is truly for everyone!  What a great blessing to have it in our lives.  I know it's true.

Thank you for all of your prayers!  I love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Joshua Gandy

P.S.  I found out about transfers!  I am staying and Elder Jewkes is leaving.  I also found out that I am training a new missionary!  I'm so excited!  I have been in this area a long time and I get to stay for at least another transfer!  I was not really expecting to stay but it's going to be great!

I'll let you know about my new companion next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment