Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014

Dear family,

Well it has been another great week here in Arizona!  J. was baptized on Saturday and the baptism went well and ran smoothly.  It was a great spiritual experience for him.  The missionary  work in that ward has really been picking up.  The bishop and the ward leaders have been getting more excited about missionary work.  A family we've been working with came to church on Sunday.  They ended up only wanting to stay for sacrament meeting, but afterwards there were several ward members that talked with them and they ended up staying at talking in the chapel for a little while.  There was also a part member family at church and we found out another part member family just moved in.  There were several non members there in sacrament meeting and they were able to see J. be confirmed.  I guess that is one miracle for having it moved back a week.  There have been a lot of things happening.  I'm excited to see what will happen this week!

We had zone conference this week.  I always love zone conference and I wish they could happen more than every other transfer.  Pres. Nattress started by asking everyone to share one scripture in the Book of Mormon that is meaningful to them.  We went around the room and shared the scripture that we chose.  It has been really neat to read the Book of Mormon and highlight the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is amazing how it testifies of Jesus Christ on every page.  There were a lot of really cool things that we talked about in zone conference and I wish I could just give you my notes.  At zone conferences one of the stakes make the missionaries lunch.  It ended up being the Val Vista stake's turn.  One of the members that helped make the food is the fellowship for our 94 year old investigator.  The investigator ended up helping her make some of the food and the fellowshipper,  invited her to come to the zone conference and meet some of the missionaries.  It was kind of cool to see her talk with a lot of missionaries.

I guess the mission created a website and a facebook page and they want you to check it out and like the page.  The website is arizonagilbertmission.com and I'm not sure what the facebook page is, but I'm sure it's not too hard to find.  It should be pretty cool!

It's great to be a missionary!  I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love being here and sharing it with everyone that we can.  I hope everyone has a great week!  Thank you for all of your prayers and I love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Joshua Gandy

P.S. Bryce, I had dinner at an older couple's house this week and they served in Lima Peru south mission about the same time as you as office staff and they said they knew you.  Their last name is Plowman.  Do you remember them?

No comments:

Post a Comment